Saturday, July 10, 2010

Holy Bulwark Batman!
























The castle at Alcala la Real was so sweet. Ever since I was a small boy, I have always wanted to go to a real castle. This one had it all. Narrow windows to shoot arrows out of, skinny stairways, ruins, and someone was even getting married there today. Awesome. We successfully navigated the impossibly narrow and totally confusing streets of Alcala and Castillo as I was the driver today. We ate special salad, bacon sandwich, tuna sandwich and calamares. Then we had ice cream to top it off. I had pineapple and it knocked me on my ear.
These towns are rarely visited by Americans, yet everyone is very helpful and curious as to where we are from and what we are doing. I just tell them that we are from the green land close to the calm sea and we are learning to be real gypsies. You know, getting back to our roots :) Salud!
A very happy birthday and much love to Elijah and Henry. We miss you!





















2 comments:

  1. MOYLINS!! Awesome castle pics!! How cool. Did they have any Murder holes where they poured hot liquids down onto the enemy?! You all look great! so good to see you. Miss you tons. Turned 40 few days ago. 40 & Fabulous, that's my moto for the year! Going to have a few party's for this one! Going to the Drive In on Sunday w/ the drum corp. Then a European Bikini party at my house next week (ie, topless! haha) Good job on the chicken coup. Bummed I missed your call! Will be ready next time!
    xopp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, the dictator and her minions are preparing to convert the world to the utopia we all need from within the walls of a palace of stone and sun (and cannons).

    Espana! Did the whole country go on a three-day siesta after the World Cup?

    ReplyDelete